Another Thanksgiving blast from the past!
This week, try our turkey chili, and check out our decorations, gift ideas, garden update, and, of course, the bears!
This easy, money-saving chili recipe makes a big batch and stretches a pound of ground turkey or beef. It’s a warming, make-ahead meal and leftovers freeze great, too! You’ll gobble it up!
- one lb. lean ground turkey
- one large onion, chopped
- one tablespoon minced garlic
- one tablespoon olive oil
- three 15.5 oz. cans each of black beans and red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- one 16 oz. can fat-free refried beans
- one 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- one 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with chilis
- two cups water
- one quart box (32 oz.) of reduced sodium chicken broth
- one lb. bag frozen pepper strips
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- one tablespoon cumin
- one teaspoon oregano
- one tablespoon red pepper flakes
- one tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons masa flour (in a pinch…
View original post 425 more words