Here’s last year’s St. Patrick’s Day blog post!
We love St. Patrick’s Day, and this year we came up with some fun things suitable for the whole family. Find out about our easy shamrock cake, a traditional potato recipe, a simple holiday drawing tip, some gifts for the wee ones, a garden update and, of course, the bears!
EASY SHAMROCK CAKE
This no-bake cake was easy to create. We were going to stencil the shamrocks onto the cake with green decorating sugar, but early attempts didn’t go well. After looking around the candy aisle for an alternative, we thought that mint dark chocolate M&M’s would make perfect shamrocks. They did!
For the shamrock cake we used:
- store-bought angel food loaf cake
- 1 can white frosting, dyed with 2 drops green gel food coloring
- green, dark chocolate mint M&M’s
- 1 tube green cake decorating gel
- green decorating sugar
How to prepare:
- Place cake on plate lined with pieces of…
View original post 279 more words