In this mini blog, we share how to make lollipop turkeys and a fun idea for easy place card holders. (Warning – pine cones are back!)
LOLLIPOP TURKEY CRAFT:
We decided to put a Thanksgiving twist on the lollipop ghosts that are one of our Halloween staples.
You will need:
- lollipops (we use Tootsie pops)
- one sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ white card stock for each turkey
- orange tissue paper
- small googly eyes – any color
- 1 sheet yellow construction paper
- scotch tape
- double stick tape
- markers and crayons
- ball point pen
How to create:
- Print out our turkey template (above) onto card stock
- Color with crayons and markers
- Cut out with scissors
- Our turkey body is 5.5 inches from top to bottom but when printed from the blog on our printer it comes out 5 inches. Either size works fine.
- Wrap pop with 4-inch circle of orange tissue paper and tape to secure. Make sure a bit of the lollipop wrapper shows to create the turkey’s waddle.
- With double stick tape, add mini googly eyes and 1/4-inch yellow paper triangle for beak.
- Poke hole in turkey with ballpoint pen.
- Place lollipop into hole and fasten stick to back with tape.
Make it fancy! Use markers, paints, crayons, whatever your favorites are. These turkeys were made with sharpies and highlighters.
One last thing: Carefully remove tissue paper from pop and put it back on turkey body with double stick tape, so you don’t end up with a headless turkey.
Open link below for how to make the easy lollipop ghosts that were the inspiration for these turkeys.
PINE CONE PLACE CARD HOLDERS
Spray paint some flat-bottomed pine cones gold (or whatever color works in your decor). Add a themed holiday sticker to computer-generated name plates. They make great place card holders for Thanksgiving or any gathering.
The gold spray painted cones are great, look for them in future holiday posts!
We are thankful for our loved ones, our health and for you, too!
Roy and Kevin