Thanks for looking at this blog and at the previous Halloween blog entries. If you haven’t seen the others, please check them out. The fun part for us is creating new things and coming up with fresh ideas every week. This week we show how you can switch things up and make the transition from Halloween to Thanksgiving decorating simple. The Pumpkin About-face Switcharoo takes seconds, and is great for a quick start of your holiday redecorating, and the Happy Thanksgiving banner uses elements of the Halloween banner, for an easy transition. And it looks great!
PUMPKIN ABOUT-FACE SWITCHEROO! This is a simple trick to switch over from Halloween decorations to Thanksgiving. Simply turn the Jack-O-Lanterns around so the face is toward the wall and the plain pumpkin side faces front. Some of the pumpkins shown above were featured in the 2nd Halloween blog with their smiling Jack-O-Lantern faces. The plain pumpkins are more suitable for Thanksgiving.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING BANNER
- Last week, we showed a Halloween banner made with burlap painted with black paint and hung clothesline style and secured with painted clothespins.
- This week we used the same lines , hung 11″ apart, one over the other, and added 3 more clothespins (18 total for this).
- For the letters, we cut card stock into 18 rectangles 4.5″ X 3.5″ and cut capital letters out of contrasting paper. (Shortcut: Using 3 X 5 plain index cards would save cutting time and that size works well too.) We used yellow for the base and purple, red and orange for the letters. We had those on hand. Use your favorite colors.
- Secure letters with glue stick.
- For the word HAPPY, we hot-glued plastic leaves to the clothespins.
- For THANKSGIVING, we used scotch tape to secure leaves to the back and bottom of the card stock/index cards. We did the same on the side of the first and last letter .
- Adjust and center letters for your desired look.
- Embellish with turkey, pilgrim, cornucopia, or Thanksgiving stickers if desired.
- Keep it neat, but don’t worry about perfection, the casual look is part of it’s charm. (Hmm.. you may be noticing a pattern here!)
A FEW MORE THINGS:
STOCK UP ON STUFFING! According to livescience.com : “American’s gobble up 46 million turkeys at Thanksgiving” Wow!
THANKSGIVING JOKE OF THE DAY: If the Pilgrims were alive today, what would they be famous for? Their age! Source: enchantedlearning.com
Thank you all for following and sharing these blogs! We appreciate your interest!
More next week, including a great craft project and a simple but surprising twist on a classic Thanksgiving recipe! Check it out!
Roy and Kevin!